Constantly Improving - Onward, and Upward!
Growing food for our communities should be all about working together to meet a need, and grow our businesses. We hope you can learn from us, and that we can offer you some helpful tips. The way we do things here at SouthView is not the only way, it may not even be the best way! We are constantly learning and growing at this thing called farming. We wish you the very best in your journey!
I listen to podcasts all the time. Usually it's while I'm moving fences that I have my phone in my pocket. Nothing like multitasking! :-) Here are my favorites!
- Farmer to Farmer with Chris Blanchard (I never knew how much I could learn from veg growers!)
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield
- Pastured Poultry Talks
- Grassfed Life
- Body Suits: Amazing coveralls - their winter suit keeps me warm on the coldest days, and they are made for women!
- Premier One: We use their electronet fencing, sheep supplies, and more. They consistently carry high quality equipment.
- Kencove: I usually buy my poly-braid from here, along with my reels, and fiberglass polls.
- Pallets: wooden pallets have been my friend more times than not! Look for free or cheap sources near you. We use them to stack our hay on, to build lambing jugs, etc.
- YouTube!! You can pretty much find information about anything here. I love channels like Justin Rhodes, Cornell Small Farms, Scott Rea Project, etc